Our Most Frequently Asked Questions
1. What type of flooring is best for my home?
The best flooring material for your home will depend on your family, lifestyle, taste, and budget. You’ll want to choose something that strikes a balance between style and functionality. If you have kids or pets, carpet flooring provides a layer of comfort and softness while remaining beautiful for years to come. Hardwood flooring is a timeless choice that matches most any home décor, while laminate, vinyl, and tile flooring offer spill- and stain-resistant qualities. Our flooring experts can help you choose the right floor for your needs during your free consultation.
2. What is the difference between solid hardwood and engineered hardwood flooring?
- Solid hardwood is what most people think of when they picture beautiful, authentic hardwood floors. As the name implies, solid hardwood flooring consists of single, solid pieces of wood nailed to a plywood subfloor. It’s extremely durable and customizable, and when properly installed can last more than 100 years. However, solid hardwood is sensitive to moisture, so it’s not recommended for bathrooms, kitchens, and other areas prone to spills.
- Engineered hardwood flooring is a more eco-friendly option. It’s constructed from multiple layers of plywood, pressed and glued together in an overlapping pattern with a hardwood top. This type of flooring holds up better to moisture, making it a versatile choice for almost any room in the home. Engineered hardwood is a great option for condominiums where nailing the floor isn’t an option, and it comes in a wide variety of colors and finishes.
3. Will my old floor have to be removed?
It depends. Your old floors may have to be removed if they’re not fully adhered to the subfloor. Your flooring expert will be able to provide more information about your options during your in-home consultation.
4. How quickly can Express Floors To Go install my new flooring?
Once you select your flooring materials and accessories, we’ll place and fulfill your order promptly. Product is usually available within 72 hours, and we can schedule your installation soon after. If you’re on a tighter deadline and are planning to self-install, ask us about same day and next day pick-up.
5. Do I need to be home during the installation?
Yes. It’s important that you’re available when our installation team arrives so you can verify the product before they begin to work. It’s a good idea to stay home or check in periodically during the installation, as there are often minor decisions that need to be made.
6. Does Express Floors To Go install floor transitions, baseboards, and moldings?
Yes. We stock a wide selection of flooring accessories including floor transitions, baseboards, and moldings to add the finishing touches to your home remodeling project.
7. Can I purchase flooring materials from Express Floors To Go but use my own contractor?
Yes. Whether you plan to self-install or use your own contractor, we can provide you with the high-quality, affordable flooring material you need with no obligation to have us install it.
8. Does my new flooring come with a warranty?
Yes. All of our flooring materials come with a warranty ranging between 5 and 30 years. We also offer a 1-year labor guarantee on the installation of your finished product.
9. Where can I view photos of your finished projects?
Please visit our photo gallery to see images of a few of our completed projects.
10. How can I see flooring samples in person?
Visit our showroom in the heart of San Diego to see our extensive collection of hardwood, carpet, tile, vinyl, and laminate flooring samples. No appointment necessary! We’re open to the public Monday – Saturday from 9:00am – 6:00pm.
Have another question that wasn't addressed here? Give us a call today at (858) 751-0333, we'd love to answer any questions for you.